Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy! We love you!

Happy Birthday to Daddy, who is the best husband and daddy in the whole wide world. Since Scott's birthday fell on a weeknight I was less than prepared and wiped out after work. That's right, my effort was pretty weak this year. I guess I better show up for our anniversary. I ran to get frosting and the pizza he requested while Scott baked his own cake. What a great daddy! All we had in the pantry was a cake mix that expired in 2002. It was totally stale and gross but he baked it anyway just so we could let the kids sing happy birthday to dad. We talked later that we could have put candles on the pizza but we agreed we both prefer our pizza WITHOUT spit. Beckham can't get enough of singing happy birthday and blowing out candles. He is such a funny kid.
Cha, Cha, Cha. Ooh-la-la! Who can be first to blow spit on the cake?

2 comments:

Chris said...

That brings back memories! I wish I had known you were going to do that, we would have come over for cake, ice cream and singing too.

Scott, We hope you had a wonderful birthday! We love you

Mike and Chris

HallFam said...

Hey brother! I'm glad you humor the kids with a stale cake so they can blow out candles. Way to go! Jen, I love the blog!