Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year

Hapy New Year friends and family. Let me start by telling you all how much we love you and we're thakful for each one of you in our lives. We wish you all the best of everything for a safe and successful 2009. Ok, so Josh brough it to my attention (like I didn't know already) that I'm kind of a blogging slacker. I did some power blogging tonight and put up a whole slew of posts below. They pretty much sum up what we've been up to since my last post on Scott's birthday.... which has pretty much been vacation and holiday busy madness. We had a fantastic little break in the mix with Thanksgiving and a visit from Josh, Bethany, and sweet Maddie. It was so much fun to see them and love and kiss Maddie as much as possible. We miss you guys! Like a total loser I didn't take pics that I can post on here. I have great video of Maddie trying to crawl but I have issues with how LONG it takes to post a video on blogger. Holy cow! No amount of patience on earth is enough for me to post videos on blogger. Sorry! This last long weeked was well spent, mostly painting our family room. Mom and dad were kind enough to keep kidlets for two night and we painted the night away. What party animals we are! Scott is the best husband ever. He worked so hard and was patient with my every whim and fancy. We love the way it turned out and are wondering why we didn't do it sooner. Sure it was a lot of work but so worth every second. New paint and a new year. We feel ready to take on 2009.
Scott getting started. What a sweet husband!
One "After" pic of the north wall. Apparently I wasn't smart enought to take a before pic of this wall.
BEFORE or during. I was so scared the color was a little intense at first. It definitely has to grow on you.
After.
The pictures just don't do it justice. The color is so much better in the natural light. It is called Mojave Sunset. Scott says it reminds him of Moab. I describe it as Terra Cota.
Before.
After.
Bethany if you are reading this I just haven't put new pictures in the frames yet but it is absolutely my first order of business. Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures. We love them!
Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Josh and Bethany said...

We were so excited to see the new posts. I know it was only a little over a month ago that we saw you but it seems like we miss so much! Your house looks great! I love the color that you picked. Josh and I are totally inspired. I am trying to find a good color to paint my house. You lived in the white house, I live in the beige house. It's pretty boring!

Christmas looked like a blast. I'm glad the kids had a good time. I also love the Halloween stuff. Brynlee looked so cute! I love her costume!

Anonymous said...

That looks very nice. You guys did a great job. We will have to come over and take a look.

Abby said...

The paint looks beautiful. You chose great colors! Good Job!

Chris said...

Wow - you updated the blog - Way to go!

I hadn't checked in for a while so It was a fun pleasant surprise for me.

I love the new colors. Not sure I can get away from the "white" house just yet though.

Robert and Michaelene Duree said...

Jen I am so happy you blog. Your blog is so much fun!!! You have the cutest fam!!! I love all the changes you have made to you house. It looks like it was a ton of work but I'm sure you are loving it :)